Friday, September 4, 2009

2 week countdown...

2 weeks from right now we will be checking into the hospital to have this little girl! Wow. For the most part I feel like this pregnancy has flown by, but in way I've felt like I've been pregnant for 2 years! (I kinda have!) This week we've hung a light fixture in her adorable shabby chic room. We've hung shelves Daniel built for her. I packed my hospital bag - just to be on the safe side! I went to my 37 week appt -all is still well. I've been to Babies R Us twice and Target twice and am currently washing the first load of baby girl clothes! My most stressful dilemma at the moment is deciding on a double stroller. I thought I had my mind set on a side by side Maclaren. (I love our single Maclaren and really like our Graco metro light that the baby carrier fits in.) Then this week I actually saw the double Maclaren at babies r us and am now back to confused & searching. I didn't want a sit and stand b/c Ryder is still so small for that and still needs to be more restraint, plus the ones with full second seats are 30 lbs and being 5 ft tall and having a c-section makes that pretty useless! Ahhh... so I go back and forth every day, read every review online and search craigslist in case of a deal that I could resale if I hated it! Plus spending over $500 on a stroller is NOT an option and that rules out about 50% of the new double strollers, crazy right? I've gotten a lot of opinions, but if you have a strong one bring it on...

For now we have a busy weekend with several things going on & lots to get done! Happy Labor Day Weekend... hope it doesn't mean actual LABOR! ;)

1 comment:

Kathy of the HavinsNest said...

Beth - Michelle (you know, Daniel's cousin and the mother of children ages 1, 2, 3, and 4!) liked the Peg Pegro we bought her when Connor was born. She had it at the reunion over the weekend.

Emma was 14 months old when Connor was born. Aiden was a year to the day when Garret was born. She had c-sections with each of the babies.

I think the stroller was about 16 pounds.

Anyway, just a suggestion.

Missed over the weekend. I remember going to the '83 reunion the weekend Kristie was due (didn't stay the night) but all my kids were late so she wasn't born for about 2 more weeks.

Good Luck! We're praying for y'all.