Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Weekend

This was Ryder's 1st Easter! (Last year Easter was earlier and he was in my belly... and ready to pop!) Friday the moms club I'm in had an Easter egg hunt at a park. Ryder got the hang of it pretty quick and in a few minutes he was putting eggs in his bucket, then taking them out and putting them back in, etc. :)



He had fun and really just liked crawling around on the ground and chewing on the bright eggs!


Friday night Daniel & I had a much needed date night! I surprised Daniel - when he got home from work I told him that I'd gotten a babysitter & that we had dinner reservations. We went to a steak place downtown that we'd had a gift certificate for- Austin Land & Cattle. It was one of the best steaks I've ever had, very good dinner! And afterwards we sat & had coffee at Spider House. Was a good night and Ryder did great with the babysitter, yay!

This morning we got up early to start our long morning at church. Ryder always looks at us like, "Are you kidding me?" when we wake him up early on Sundays! The egg hunt at church got rained out (although it turned out to be a beautiful day). While leaving the nursery I was holding a basket that had a "peep" in it and all of the sudden Ryder just reached down, grabbed it and stuffed the whole thing in his mouth! We all died laughing and promptly grabbed the camera -and my tide to go stick to get the yellow sugar stain out!


After church we went to lunch at Z Tejas and took a few pics outside while we were there.





Easter was good. Worship was great, and...
"It is written, Christ is RISEN. Jesus, you are Lord of all!"

1 comment:

Erin said...

Beth,
This is Erin!! I found your blog through Amanda's blog. Ryder is absolutely adorable and congratulations on the new little one on the way!! I am so happy to reconnect with you and catch up with you and your sweet family. I am so glad to know that you and Daniel are doing so well. I will definitely be checking your blog regularly!