Friday, May 30, 2008

He never lets go...

Today while Ryder and I were in the car out running some errands I was listening to some praise & worship music, just singing along, one in particular struck me today. As I was listening to this song, "Never Let Go," I was just thinking on how even in the times it seems we don't "feel" God, He's holding on to us just as tightly as in our "highest" spiritual moments. You know what I mean? We all have days where instead of saying, "Hello, God..." we want to say "Hello?? God???" It reminded me of something I heard Beth Moore explain: Imagine you are holding arms with someone. (You're facing them, and a little past holding hands, they are grasping your arm and you a grasping theirs.) Or imagine someone is holding onto you like this as if you're hanging on the edge of a cliff. Well, now imagine GOD is holding on to us like this, the problem is there are times WE let go. And when we let go (lose our trust in His hand) He's still holding on to us, but our hand is loose, falling, hanging, maybe feeling around for something else to hold on to.

ever faithful ever true...
perfect love that never lets go...
oh what love, oh what love, oh what love...
joy & pain , sun & rain, you're the same, oh you never let go...





Be encouraged, He won't let go, He's still holding on, are you?

No comments: