Tuesday, March 11, 2008

36 Weeks and counting...

I went for my 36 week check up today. After seeing my swollen feet and checking my too high blood pressure I was told to go home and go to bed! They said I can finish the 2 days of work at the end of the week, but that's it. (I'd planned to have next week as my last full week of work.) They also decided to do a little spontaneous sonogram to check in on the little guy and see how he was measuring - WELL, he's measuring alright! At the end of the sono the nurse said, "Well, he's 7 pounds 10 ounces," and I said, "Oh you mean, when I deliver that's what he should be?" and she said, "Nope, that's how much he weighs right now!" And I said..."I think I might cry." At this point he should gain a 1/2 pound per week till the end - meaning by the end he should weigh 9 pounds 10 ounces - hopefully THAT won't be the case! That being said, they told me that if I don't have him in 3 weeks they will likely induce. So I guess the countdown in on... but it may be slow going from the bed...

1 comment:

Kathy of the HavinsNest said...

The first baby of the Fuller baby marathon year was born yesterday. He's 8 1 and they were convinced he would be much larger. :)

Have you heard about all of the upcoming babies...you and Brandy are 2 of 6 cousins or cousins-in-law due between yesterday and early September.

Brittany & Brad are the proud parents of Kason Wade born yesterday
then y'all are due in a month or so
then Brandy and Jonathan and Steven and Joscyln are all expecting in June
and lastly Katie & Brian and Michelle & George are due in early September (the due dates are 2 days apart).

There should be a herd of babies at the family reunion Labor Day weekend.

I'm enjoying keeping up with you and Daniel through the blog. Hope to see you soon. Praying for you each day.

Kathy Fuller Havins