Thursday, March 17, 2011

conversations.

This is the conversation I had this morning with Ryder.  I'd gone out to put Paisley in the car (and left him INside so he could not run away as he WOULD try to).  I came inside and he was crying.  By this point I was already exhausted because just getting them out the door together these days is such a feat.  


Me: Buddy, WHAT'S wrong?
Ryder: I'm scared. (whimpering)
Me: Why?
Ryder: You took Pay out and left me
Me: Ryder, have I ever left you here?
Ryder: No. (whiny voice)
Me: Do you think I would ever leave you here alone?
Ryder: No. (questioning)
Me: Have I given you any reason to think I would ever leave you here alone?
Ryder: Nooooo. (defeated, knowing he's wrong)
Me: Well, then I wouldn't so stop freaking out...


ME:  hmmm, that sounds just like conversations I have regularly with God.
Thank you, Jesus for using the voice of my child to speak to me this morning.


This song was playing in my heart:
I know that you are for me,
I know that you are for me,
I know that you would never
Forsake me in my weakness
I know that you have come now,
Even if to write upon my heart.
To remind me...
Of who you are.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

i love this blog post. and that song so much!! i needed that!

thanks for your email awhile back by the way. I did get it, I have listened to the song a lot, and I did love everything you said. I just suck at writing people back. but i was so glad you sent it! love you sis and miss you!!